Class Library References are also provided in the Microsoft Help Viewer Format (*.mshc, *.msha). To get the [F1] help in Visual Studio, you must install the help files:
- Download the help content (*.mshc) and the help manifest (*.msha) for the specific library.
- Go to Visual Studio and select Help / Add and Remove Help Content.
- Switch Installation source from Online to Disk
- Select the (downloaded) help manifest file (*.msha)
- Click add to add the content and update the help system.
The help must be displayed in the Microsoft Help Viewer and not in the browser. To change this setting set Help / Set Help Preference to Launch Help in Viewer. Otherwise the [F1] help won't work from inside Visual Studio.